Preschool and Pre-K: A Personal Choice
- A choice between Early Childhood or Montessori programs
- Highly qualified and experienced teachers proficient in early childhood development and education
- A beautiful campus with all the amenities your child deserves
- Student-teacher ratios guaranteed to be far lower than state regulations, allowing your child to receive outstanding attention, instruction, and opportunities
- The Garden of Tomorrow is a lovely, outside classroom where children can learn about and explore nature
- Excellent communication and interaction with families
- A variety of schedules to meet your family’s needs
- Extended care provided year round
- After school classes
- Summer programs designed just for three, four, and five year olds
Early Childhood Program
In the Early Childhood Program, our teachers design activities which foster healthy social skills and encourage academic success through developmentally appropriate challenges. The importance of children learning through play is carefully designed into the program. Under the guidance of nurturing, positive teachers, children are given numerous opportunities to construct their learning through a combination of teacher-directed and open-ended activities. One of the goals is to help the children develop the discipline to learn, mature and enjoy.
In the Montessori Program, children develop independence, determination and concentration as they interact with materials designed to stimulate the “inner urge” of the child to learn. Socially, they develop the respect and discipline to share materials and to help each other as they learn side by side. Each teacher is a certified Montessori instructor and brings to the program the traditional Montessori philosophies enhanced with current educational practices that advance the goals of the Sunset Mesa Preschool and Pre-K program.