Weather Delay or Closure
School Delay or Closure Notification
When we make a decision to delay the start of school or to close school, we will communicate in all these ways.
- Send a text alert,
- Send an email notice, and
- Post the information with KOB channel 4, KOAT channel 7, and KRQE channel 13. You can always find information more quickly on their websites—krqe.com, kob.com, and koat.com—than you can find it on the television screen.
If we close, the closure will apply to all operations: daycare, classes, offices and after-school activities.
If we delay opening for two hours, then these adjustments will occur.
- No daycare will be open before school.
- Classes will begin two hours later than the regular schedule.
- Any flag ceremony scheduled for that day will be rescheduled.
- Preschool half-day classes will be cancelled altogether.
- No hot lunch will be available.
- All after-school activities and services will happen as usual.
Related Information to School Delays and Closures
- Weather conditions vary across this area. It is possible that we choose to open, but that you do not bring your child because of safety concerns in your home area. If that happens, we will not question your decision.
- We do not plan any “makeup days.” If we lose one or two days, then we will just absorb those. Should we have more than that, we will consider makeup days.
If “ordinary” bad weather begins during the day, we will continue school. We understand that you might pick up your child early. Should an extraordinary winter storm arrive during school, we might cancel school. If we do that, we will post that information in the same manner as for morning closings.